Saturday, February 12, 2011

To Kill a Mockingbird (Personal Response 3)

Did the ending of the novel surprise you? If you were to author explain would you have ended the novel differently? Explain.
Personally speaking, the ending of the novel did not really surprise me (the part about Boo Radley helping the children). Although Boo Radley is depicted as being a bad person in the novel by most characters, it is clear that he is actually kind-hearted. In fact, when a man helping the children was mentioned, the first person that came to my mind was Boo Radley.

If I was the author I would not have ended the novel differently. I really like the ending of the novel. It clearly shows how people are actually good when you look at them carefully. When Atticus says "Most people are (good), when you finally see them", it kind of highlights the main point of the story. It made me feel like "justice" has been done when they finally revealed that Boo Radley was indeed a good person (despite me already knowing that). It made the story feel complete, about how the good finally truimphs the evil (Boo Radley and Bob Ewell).

No comments:

Post a Comment